Dare to Dance is a non-profit organization that provides unique and professional-quality opportunities for dance enthusiasts of all ages and experience levels to create, perform, connect, and grow.
- Provide non-professional dancers an opportunity to develop refined performances on stage.
- Inspire performers to step out of their comfort zones and challenge themselves in a supportive environment.
- Encourage a range and mixture of artistic expression and style.
- Cultivate an emotional connection between the audience and the performers.
- Foster relationships between professional dancers and the broader dance community.
Since its inception in 2010, the artist collective behind Dare to Dance has produced eight full-length dance showcases involving a total of close to 300 performers, spanning the spectrum from professional dancers to total newbies. Their ages ranged from 6 to 60+; their “day jobs” included professions like teacher, scientist, software engineer, postal worker, and social worker. Dance styles included pop, contemporary, hip-hop, ballroom, jazz, Broadway, ethnic tribal dance, and more.
- Zheng Wang, Artistic Director
- Sandi Olson, Administrative Director
- Crystal Krippaehne, Secretary
- Sarah Gordon
- Katrina Halle
- Colby Solum
- Emily Lubinski (former)